Medical Records Procedures
The Medical Records Department ensures that a hospital record is maintained on each visit registered through the hospital computer system. These records are coded, abstracted, analyzed and filed according to the department guidelines. Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Medical Records Department strives to fulfill its goals by working towards the following objectives:
- Insure the timely availability of patient records and information.
- Maintain comprehensive clinical information on all Hospital patients.
- Ensure the quality of patient information.
- Protect the confidentiality of patient information.
- Provide patient information services in a courteous and user-friendly manner.
- Deliver patient information services efficiently.
- Provide an atmosphere for training and development of staff.
- Ensure the timely completion of Birth and Death Certificates.
- Review and revise policies on Release of Medical Records as required.
- Provide coding and transcription services for billing purposes and completion of the medical record.